We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Having a small greenhouse can be all that you need to get a jump start on the season or possibly grow those plants which need a little extra protection. Over at the doorgarden.com they built a hoop greenhouse for $50… it did take some recycle, freecycle, and scrounging.
After checking out the post and reading so many greenhouse post across the web, here are a few tips to consider.
- The material cost is all part of being resourceful. Look at Craigslist for some of the materials. It’s amazing how much people will give away.
- Consider using a carport frame or tubes
- Don’t make a greenhouse too long as heat will build up and venting will be required.
- In windy areas this may not be the right greenhouse.
- For best results – use greenhouse plastic, double poly with a blower to keep the layers inflated
Complete greenhouse kits can be pricey, however, there is a way to save by building a greenhouse. A decent size, fifteen-foot long greenhouse can be created with basic, simple construction. Check out the $50 from doorgarden.com with, materials list, instructions and images via doorgarden.com
JOIN Our FREE Plant Care Newsletter
By entering your email address you agree to receive a daily email newsletter from Plant Care Today. We'll respect your privacy and unsubscribe at any time.